The SSD Research Resumption process uses QR codes to log entry and exit from lab spaces. Scanning QR codes is an ability shared by nearly all smartphones.
To log your entry/exit from a designated space, find the QR poster for the door/area, then:
- Point your phone at a QR code
- Follow the link
- Enter your email address where requested
- Hit Submit.
- Android Phones
- The following is adapted from the excellent guide at https://www.qr-code-generator.com/guides/scan-qr-code-android/
- Does your Android Phone Already Scan QR Codes? Try this:
- Open the camera app, and point it for 2-3 seconds toward the QR Code you wish to scan.
- If Scanning is enabled, a notification will appear, and the phone will try to open the link from the QR code in a browser, follow the process and you will be led to the link.
- If no notification appears, you may have go to your Settings App and enable QR code scanning. The link above may cover this process.
- if QR codes is not available in your settings, you will need to install a 3rd party application. The link above includes suggestions.
- Follow the official Apple guide at https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT208843
- Point your camera app at the QR code, then follow the notification to open the link in a browser.