Services We Offer
Below is a list of current services available to SSD Users. The links direct to our SSCS SolarWinds ticketing system, and require authentication.
- General Service Request – [requires UChicago login] for answers to otherwise uncategorized questions. If you cannot find what you seek below, use this link.
Our group maintains access to a number of statistical packages for researchers, ranging from Matlab, Stata, SAS and R, to Fortran, and Julia.
- Software Request Form – know a software package which would be helpful?
SSCS provides shell accounts on our compute systems for eligible SSD Faculty, Staff, Graduate Students, and researchers.
- Storage: 100GB students / 1TB Faculty [additional available]
- Access to versions Matlab, Stata, R, compilers, SAS, etc.
- 50Gb of aggregate memory usage
- Graphical Access via the EasyVNC ssh client
SSCS also maintains a cluster environment where researchers within the Division can run scale-out parallel jobs.
- Use the Matlab DCS license, a 500-worker cluster
- Submit simultaneous tasks in R, Stata, to the cluster of 32 nodes
- Gain access to memory for jobs requiring more than 100GB of memory.
Storage & Group Management
Access to shared storage and group permissions are managed by the SSCS Research Support Group. Labs shares are maintained for Faculty research projects, with the goal of ensuring security and availability of materials. Learn more about how to access storage on the SSCS FAQ.
- Request an SSCS account for access to our compute and storage resources such as the Acropolis Cluster, CPOST membership, Athens, or Cronus.
Desktop & Devices Support
The Operations Team manages:
- Hardware & Software Purchasing
- Software Updates
- Backup support – according to University guidelines, individuals are responsible for the backups of their systems. To that end, SSCS supports a backup environment to empower our users to meet that responsibility.